December 2018 Release Notes
- We integrated with Bing v7 and transitioned our customers to this newer version.
- We now will index content on a domain even if the root of that domain lists a different domain as the canonical domain. For example,
https://www.example.govas the canonical domain, but still serve content from
https://publications.example.gov/reports/first_report.pdf. We can now index https://publications.example.gov/reports/first_report.pdf`.
- We updated our job search location feature to show more job openings, and cleaned up how we send job queries to the USAJOBS api to get more results.
- We now automatically review URLs for reindexing, checking for 404s and 301s. We’re doing this every 30 days to begin with, and will adjust that timeframe as needed.
- We upgraded the Ruby version on the repo for our Search.gov website, and
asis, our image indexing repo.
- We upgraded the
activejobRuby gem across repos.