February 2018 Release Notes
- Our new indexing system has been in production since December! In February, we continued to release several features that are building on and improving our new system:
- We have made our indexing rake task more efficient.
- We began implementing indexing from XML sitemaps. Check out our new XML Sitemaps page to learn more about them.
- We made our title parsing more flexible, drawing from either
<og:title>tags, depending on where a site’s quality title metadata may be.
- We upgraded Rails for our core application
- We switched our highlighting of terms in search results to a much lighter method.
- We now have all apps enforcing HTTPs and are compliant with BOD 18-01.
- We removed abandoned i14y drawers.
- We improved how our indexing job updates records for existing pages.
- We fixed an RSS feeds fetch issue.
- We have fixed the bug causing search sites to have access to the Best Bets of other affiliates.
- We disabled four-byte UTF-8 characters in Twitter results, and now support eight-byte characters. That’s right — emojis in your search results if they are used in your tweets.
March 27, 2018