February 2019 Release Notes
- We’ve added Click counts as a ranking factor for customers indexed by Search.gov. We look at the URLs that represent 75% of all clicks on search results, and give those a boost. This is the “fat head” that comes before the “long tail.” As always, following best practices will help results stay relevant:
- Use Best Bets to promote frequently visited pages that are not bubbling to the top of results on their own.
- Periodically review and update Best Bets.
- Maintain an up-to-date and complete sitemap with updated
Fixes, Upgrades, Misc
- We fixed an issue with the typeahead feature on customer search boxes.
- We fixed an issue with disappearing search icon on search boxes.
- We continued with Rails upgrade for our applications.