Search.gov Roadmap FY 22 Q3
At Search.gov we aim to provide an excellent public search experience, a self-service search administration experience, and a rock-solid secure and compliant infrastructure to support it all, while keeping costs down across the government.
We know it’s helpful for our partners at federal agencies to know what’s coming up next, to support planning for your own web platforms.
This roadmap shows what we are working on now, and what we plan to be working after that. We’ll update this roadmap quarterly.
FY 22 Q3: April to June 2022
- Faceted Search: Developer Investigations
- We will be scoping out the implementation approach to support ingesting metadata into our indices for faceted search.
- Indexing Improvements
- We are updating some components of our indexing process to ensure resiliency.
- Version Upgrades
- We will be upgrading our ElasticSearch version to keep them up-to-date and compliant.
- Continuity of Operations Plan Improvements
- We are taking steps to bolster our system’s resiliance and reliability.
- Security and Logging Improvements
- We are adding additional defenses to protect our system from attack, and ways to better visualize incoming traffic.
- New Developer Onboarding
- We are onboarding additional developers in support of our FY 22 upcoming projects
- Results page redesign
- We will begin to develop the new design and determine our best rollout strategy.
- Building Faceted Search
- We will begin building the backend and frontend components required to support this functionality.
- Version Upgrades
- We will continue work on the ElasticSearch upgrade to keep it up-to-date.
- Results Page Redesign Rollout
- Testing Faceted Search
- Continued Indexing Improvements
- Security and Privacy Improvements.
If you have questions or comments, please feel free to reach out to our team.