Search.gov Roadmap Fiscal Year 2023 Quarter 1
At Search.gov we aim to provide an excellent public search experience, a self-service search administration experience, and a rock-solid secure and compliant infrastructure to support it all, while keeping costs down across the government.
We know it’s helpful for our partners at federal agencies to know what’s coming up next, to support planning for your own web platforms.
This roadmap shows what we are working on now, and what we plan to be working after that. We’ll update this roadmap quarterly.
FY 2023 Q1: October–December 2022
- Faceted Search — Results API Support
- We will work on supporting the faceted search functionality in our Results API.
- Search Engine Results Page (SERP) Redesign — Investigations
- We will begin scoping the work required to upgrade our frontend technology in support of this redesign.
- Version Upgrades
- We will be upgrading our ElasticSearch, Ruby, Rails, and Redis versions to keep them up-to-date and compliant.
- RSS Feed Indexing
- In addition to sitemap indexing, we will add support for automated indexing of RSS feeds into our primary web index.
- Additional Language Support
- We will be adding support to our in-house index for Bengali, Hindi, Tagalog, Khmer, Vietnamese, Navajo, and Yu’pik search experiences.
- CI/CD Pipeline Investigations
- We will investigate the work required to improve our continuous integration / continuous deployment (CI/CD) pipelines.
- Search Engine Results Page (SERP) Redesign — Implementation and Rollout
- Based on our investigations, we will begin updating visual components of our SERP.
- Faceted Search — Frontend Interface
- We will begin building the frontend components required to support this functionality.
- Version Upgrades
- We will continue work on the software components to keep them up-to-date.
- Continued Indexing Improvements
- Search Recall Improvements
- Security and Privacy Improvements
- User Role Enhancements
If you have questions or comments, please feel free to reach out to our team.