Search.gov Roadmap Fiscal Year 2023 Quarter 3
At Search.gov we aim to provide an excellent public search experience, a self-service search administration experience, and a rock-solid secure and compliant infrastructure to support it all, while keeping costs down across the government.
We know it’s helpful for our partners at federal agencies to know what’s coming up next, to support planning for your own web platforms.
This roadmap shows what we are working on now, and what we plan to be working after that. We’ll update this roadmap quarterly.
FY 2023 Q3: April–June 2023
- Search Engine Results Page (SERP) Redesign — Frontend Development & Release
- We will continue efforts to build, test, and release the new results page designs.
- Indexing Improvements
- We will make sure fewer manual indexing interventions are needed for successful indexing.
- Alphanumeric String Search Investiagtions
- We will be investigating ways to better support alphanumeric string matching.
- Version Upgrades
- We will be upgrading our Ruby version to keep it up-to-date and compliant.
- Twitter Removal
- We will be removing our Twitter integration from our application.
- CI/CD Pipeline Investigations
- We will investigate the work required to improve our continuous integration and continuous deployment (CI/CD) pipelines.
- Alphanumeric String Search - Testing
- We will test solutions identified to improve alphanumeric string matching.
- Crawling Investigations
- We will explore options to support crawling for a subset of our indexed domains.
- Faceted Search — Frontend Interface
- We will begin building the frontend components required to support this functionality.
- Version Upgrades
- We will continue work on the software components to keep them up-to-date.
- Continued Indexing Improvements
- Search Recall Improvements
- Security and Privacy Improvements
- User Role Enhancements
If you have questions or comments, please feel free to reach out to our team.
- FY 2023 Q2: January–March 2023
- FY 2023 Q1: October–December 2022
- FY 2022 Q4: July–September 2022
- FY 2022 Q3: April–June 2022
- FY 2022 Q2: Janaury–March 2022
- FY 2022 Q1: October–December 2021
- FY 2021 Q4: July–September 2021
- FY 2021 Q3: April–June 2021
- FY 2021 Q2: January–March 2021
- FY 2021 Q1: October–December 2020
- FY 2020 Q4: July–September, 2020