2022 System Highlights
Every month we publish release notes, highlighting the improvements we’ve made to our technology. In 2022, we released some exciting and heavily-requested features!
- Faceted Search: We support Faceted Search via our Results API! Read more about the metadata we index. Our Results API documentation explains how to add this to your site. We will be adding support to our hosted results page soon!
- General Indexing Improvements: We support cross-posted sitemaps, which allows sites to use external services to generate sitemaps. We also added more error handling to account for issues reaching customer domains. We made it easier for our team to support large sites who need specific sections reindexed (ex. for a gradual redesign rollout).
- System Load Improvements: We improved our system’s response to external attacks.
- Search.gov Website Redesign: We launched a redesign for our help documentation website. We added navigational structure and support content in response to our customers’ needs. The site uses U.S. Web Design System components for a consistent government experience.
- System upgrades: Ruby, Rails, Redis, Tika, and Elasticsearch.