Gartner recently published a very positive case study on DigitalGov Search (formerly USASearch), Create Better, Faster Enterprise Search With a Customized Open-Source Option (External link), January 2012. In the report, Gartner notes that DigitalGov Search addresses the key aspects of designing a search system.
Gartner identifies key stages of action in “Your Enterprise Search Project: The Outward Spiral.” [DigitalGov Search] addressed them all:
- Staffing the project with experts who had domain knowledge.
- Scoping the project using those personnel to satisfy search requirements for federal websites.
- Selecting the right technology.
- Implementing it effectively with workers who have the right skill sets.
- Measuring results as effectively as possible.