Promote Related Content as Value-Added Links
To help searchers more easily find what they’re looking for, you can now promote related content by listing it as a set of value-added links under your organic web results. See the sample results page below that shows value-added links for EDGAR filings for a search on apple on SEC.gov.
Do you have related content that you’d like to display as value-added links that searchers should see within the context of each other (such as related forms, instructions, and publications)? If your related content follows a discernable URL pattern, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll work with you to promote the related content on your site.
Thanks, SEC.gov team, for helping us build this new feature!
- Searchers now see underlined links when they hover over them on the results page.
- Searchers using screen readers now see an ARIA (External link) alert for type-ahead search suggestions to let them know the number of available suggestions and how to access them.
- You can now add a tagline at the top of your results page.
- You can now left-align your hamburger menu.
- You can now add an alt tag to your logo on the Image Assets page in the Admin Center.
- To improve its accessibility, you now see legends and instructional text for all radio button options in the Admin Center. You can also tab logically through all menu items.
- We upgraded to version 4.0 of the Airbrake gem (External link) and version 6.5 of Red Hat Enterprise Linux (External link). We also installed patches to address the Shellshock vulnerability.
- We gained 40% more capacity in our main Elasticsearch cluster by upgrading our hardware.
- We removed infinite scroll on the results page.
- We now redirect searchers to USA.gov’s 404 page when they use a null or incorrect ‘affiliate’ parameter.
- We’ve added a user agent to our request headers so you can see it when we poll your RSS feeds.
- If you’ve opted to turn off web tracking, we now turn off the tags for both our own Google Analytics and the Digital Analytics Program.
- We now show fewer similar or duplicate pictures in our image results. [Commit f6ab915]
- We fixed our image search pagination to account for really old pictures and how we group photos into albums. [Commit b12eb19]
- We also fixed our indexing of images with circa dates. [Commit f7b577c]
- We lessened the complexity of the importer logic for Instagram. [Commit 5f828e3]
- The option to narrow results to images only now appears by default for sites with an Instagram account. It had previously displayed only for sites with a Flickr account.
- Searchers no longer see government-wide image results on sites without a Flickr or Instagram account. They now see site-specific image results.
- Image searches without a search term no longer cause an error.