Get Started With Search.gov
Search.gov is a search engine built by government, for government, available at no cost to federal agencies. This page provides information on what we offer and how it all works.
Learn How Our Service Can Work For Your Site
- Why Choose Search.gov? Check out the advantages of using our service over commercial search engines.
- Learn how Search.gov indexes your content:
- Watch our 4-minute Getting Started video (YouTube), or a recording of our webinar Intro to Search.gov, a one-hour overview of our system.
- Review our Search Site Launch Guide, a step by step guide that takes you through everything you need to do to start using our service.
- Learn what search features are available through our different results page options
- Contact Us: email us or call 202-969-7426 if you have any questions. We will be happy to schedule a call to go over your specific search needs.
Get Search.gov For Your Site
If you’re ready to start using our service as your search solution, please:
- Create or edit your Search.gov user account to power the search box on your federal government website at no cost.
- Contact us at email@example.com or at 202-969-7426 so we can learn about your website(s) and talk through options for indexing your content.
- Follow the steps from our Search Site Launch Guide to create your search experience.
- Learn how to manage your search site configuration: review our Help Manual to implement the settings available through our Admin Center.
- Review our Go-live Checklist for tips and reminders.