Help Manual: Managing Your Search Configuration
This help manual follows the order of settings that are available in the Search Admin Center.
- Search Site Launch Guide – for new customers.
- Website Redesign Checklist – for existing customers working on a relaunch.
- Indexing Process Documentation – for everyone.
- Content Overview
- Domains (plus advanced options to add or filter URLs.)
* For questions about indexing, including sitemaps, see our Indexing help section.
- Best Bets: Text and/or Graphics
- Routed Queries
- Display Overview (including job openings, Federal Register, and health topics)
- Brand (font & colors, image assets, and header & footer)
- Custom No Results page
- Custom Search Page Alert
- Preview your search results, to review both design and content.
* These APIs are available for use on official government websites only. You must be a Search.gov customer. Sign in is required. Keys for each can be found under Admin Center > YourSite > Activate Search.
Additional Help Resources
SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
- XML Sitemaps
- /robots.txt Files
- How to Get Search Engines to Index the Right Content For Better Discoverability
Launching or Re-launching Your Search
Do you have other questions or comments about how our service works? Email us.