Customer support is central at Search.gov. Our success is bound up with the success of our federal agency partners. When you work with Search.gov, you can expect timely, courteous, expert help.
Our system is required to disable accounts if they’ve not been used for 90 days. If you’re unable to log in to your account, email us for help.
- Login to your Search.gov account
- Click "Accept and Proceed" on the system access banner
- Arrive at Login.gov
- Enter the email address associated with your Search.gov account (.gov or approved business email address) and account password, plus MFA code
- Login.gov will send you back to Search.gov along with the email address you presented to them
- Search.gov checks for that email address's status and should let you in. If you still see a credentials error, email us for help.
This question has two possible answers.
- If your search site uses our index, we scan for page updates and removals on a regular basis. If you need something removed immediately, please email us. You can also use the Filter URLs feature to hide the item. See below.
- If your search site uses the Bing index, you can use the Filter URLs feature to hide the item immediately from your results. However, we are unable to update the Bing index itself to remove the item fully from their results. We can work with you to index your site and move it onto our index, where we have control over the content and timeliness of updates.
- Learn more about the Filter URLs feature.
Email us as soon as possible. We’ll need to do some things in the back-end of the system to get your search results up to date as soon as possible. Also, please read through our Checklist For a Successful Redesign for suggestions on what you can do right away.
If something is missing from your search results, it’s likely not included in your XML sitemap. Some content management systems, like Drupal, have sitemap plugins that allow you to add static media files to the sitemap. If the content is not stored within the CMS, you will likely need an additional sitemap or RSS feed for this content. Email us about your system and the content you need indexed, and we can recommend a solution.
Our system uses multiple web indexes. Our hosted results page uses Bing index by default, but our Results API only uses our own web index. Contact us and we can adjust your hosted results page view to use our web index.
Our search results API is robust, but its feature set is different from our hosted results page. We have a feature comparison chart that gives details.
If you want to work on your Best Bets in a spreadsheet, we can do a bulk download for you. Please email us to request a download.
Our System Status page shows our current status and any performance issues we may be working on.
If you have any other questions, feel free to reach out to us.