The Activate section provides the code and tools you need to launch Search.gov on your website.
- Code Snippets – Insert these code snippets in your website to connect your search box to our service, and to show typeahead search suggestions.
- Search Results API Instructions and Access Key* – Documentation for our JSON results API, which allows you to display our search results in your own website’s template. You will also implement our Click Tracking API.
- Typeahead API Instructions* – Documentation for our JSON typeahead suggestion API, if you don’t want to use our recommended code snippet.
- Click Tracking API Instructions* – Documentation for our JSON clicks API, which allows you to send us click activity from your website’s API-driven results page, and allows us to complete your search analytics and use page activity as a ranking factor.
* These APIs are available for use on official government websites only. You must be a Search.gov customer. Sign in is required. Keys and instructions for each can be found under Admin Center > YourSite > Activate Search.