July 2023 Release Notes
- Results Page Redesign: We’ve continued progress on updating our frontend components.
- We prepared the backend data for Images Search Page and RSS feeds.
- We implemented the user interface for some types of search results:
- Federal Register documents
- Health topics
- RSS Feed
- We implemented the user interface for our Search page alert feature.
- We began internationalization for the new results page.
- Results matching improvements:
- We continued progress looking at alphanumeric strings, such as form numbers or policy numbers. This will support searchers looking for things like a “DD 214,” but searching for “DD214” - a subtle but technically challenging difference.
- We built an AI model, and new staging infrastructure to support training the model.
- Spider investigations:
- We continued our investigation of open source spidering tools and features.
- Updates, upgrades, and other codebase improvements:
- We completed planning for upgrading Rails on the rest of our sub-applications.
- We completed scrubbing certain controlled unclassified information (CUI) from our search log archives. This data is sometimes entered by searchers as query terms. Proactive scrubbing for newly searched-for CUI has long been in place.
- We upgraded Sidekiq and Jest to the latest versions.
- We updated Terraform, our SSL certificate, gems, and security agents.
- We began expanding our encryption posture to include components not connected to the internet.
- We investigated and resolved queries to a backend data interface that were timing out for larger domains.