Search.gov Roadmap FY 21 Q2
At Search.gov we aim to provide an excellent public search experience, a self-service search administration experience, and a rock-solid secure and compliant infrastructure to support it all, while keeping costs down across the government.
We know it’s helpful for our partners at federal agencies to know what’s coming up next, to support planning for your own web platforms.
This roadmap shows what we are working on now, and what we plan to be working after that. We’ll update this roadmap quarterly.
FY 21 Q2: January – March 2021
- Version Upgrades
- We will be upgrading our Elasticsearch and Ruby components to keep them up-to-date and compliant.
- Search.gov website redesign
- Results page redesign
- We are beginning the preparation stage to update our search results page design.
- Indexing improvements
- We are improving our indexing workflows on the back-end to support non-standard site structures.
- Continuity of Operations Plan Improvements
- We are taking steps to bolster our system’s resiliance and reliability.
- Results page redesign:
- Begin work to decommision legacy SERP and build out new design.
- Development process improvements:
- Streamline our deployment process.
- Update our system error diagnostics tooling.
- Clean out legacy code components.
- Indexing Improvements for Non-Standard Sites.
- Adding Features to Results API.
- Results Page Redesign Rollout.
- Security and Privacy Improvements.
If you have questions or comments, please feel free to reach out to our team.