August 2023 release notes
- Results Page Redesign: We’ve continued progress on updating our frontend components.
- We connected backend data to the user interface for our related sites feature.
- We renamed the new “Redesigned Display” page to “Visual design (new)”, and added guidance and navigation tabs.
- We added the ability to control font settings on the new results page. You will be able to use one font for the page header and a different font for the results body and footer sections.
- We prepared the backend data for several features: related sites, videos , RSS feeds, and the custom no results page guidance.
- We implemented the user interface for some features: jobs, no results, RSS feed, and videos.
- Results matching improvements:
- We continued working to improve user experience related to searching for alphanumeric strings. We optimized our Spacy model creation to locate alphanumeric strings correctly.
- We developed a crawler script to identify batches of documents to process through the Spacy model.
- We added a Python testing suite to our data collector to prepare for future testing.
- Spider investigations:
- We are now able to compare the crawl outputs of Scrapy with the same task executed in a local crawler app. This will help us decide whether to use Scrapy as part of our automated content discovery methods.
- Updates, upgrades, and other codebase improvements:
- We began implementing MFA for Kibana using GSA SecureAuth.
- We patched Elasticsearch.
- We upgraded Rails on one of our repos and our version of jQuery UI.
- We updated some gems and removed outdated gems. We replaced the outdated gems with new ones as appropriate. We created a new RDS snapshot for staging. We updated Terraform and monitoring configurations for ASIS and i14y in our cookbooks.
- We investigated and resolved certain error messages in the database.
- We fixed our Java install process.