Search.gov Roadmap Fiscal Year 2022 Quarter 4
At Search.gov we aim to provide an excellent public search experience, a self-service search administration experience, and a rock-solid secure and compliant infrastructure to support it all, while keeping costs down across the government.
We know it’s helpful for our partners at federal agencies to know what’s coming up next, to support planning for your own web platforms.
This roadmap shows what we are working on now, and what we plan to be working after that. We’ll update this roadmap quarterly.
FY 2022 Q4: July–September 2022
- Faceted Search — Backend Support
- We are adding additional metadata indexing and searching support to enable faceted search.
- Version Upgrades
- We will be upgrading our ElasticSearch and Tika version to keep them up-to-date and compliant.
- Search Engine Results Page (SERP) Redesign — Investigations
- We will begin scoping the work required to upgrade our frontend technology in support of this redesign.
- Continuity of Operations Plan Improvements
- We are taking steps to bolster our system’s resiliance and reliability.
- Security and Logging Improvements
- We are adding additional defenses to protect our system from attack, and ways to better visualize incoming traffic.
- Search Recall Improvements
- We will begin scoping efforts to improve our ability to match on alphanumeric string-type searches.
- Search Engine Results Page (SERP) Redesign — Implementation
- Based on our investigations, we will begin updating visual components of our SERP.
- RSS Feed Indexing
- In addition to sitemap indexing, we will add support for automated indexing of RSS feeds.
- Faceted Search — Frontend Interface
- We will begin building the frontend components required to support this functionality.
- Results Page Redesign Rollout
- Faceted Search Rollout
- Continued Indexing Improvements
- Security and Privacy Improvements
- User Role Enhancements
If you have questions or comments, please feel free to reach out to our team.